On 16th April I will be in Bratislava, but that won’t stop me presenting to our ICT Specialist day on our PGCE course.
I’ve made a short video with some of the things I learned at Google Teacher Academy last week.
The sites demonstrated in the video are:
- Safe Mode in Youtube (removes comments from all videos)
- Google Art Project (now with collections from 150 museums, stunning quality down to the brush strokes!)
- Google search by reading age (filter your search results by basic/intermediate/ advanced reading age)
- Much more on Google Search from Catlin Tucker (fellow GTAUK attendee)
- Creating a google form for an online survey (The Big Breakfast survey: http://bit.ly/JoBadgeGoogle ). See how the spreadsheet updated . Some suggestions of how to use them in the classroom.
Other stuff that might be useful….
Great YouTube playlists:
- youtube/teachers (can be American focussed but the playlist for objects in the night sky is great for the LOTC project!)
- CPGrey (what is a leap year? Great Britain vs UK)
- Vsauce (think mythbusters meets horrible science! who can resist the Science of Farts?)
Video was made using Screenr (free screencasting direct from your web browser) and iMovie.
Audio: Tryad ‘all the same’http://tryad.bandcamp.com/album/instrumentals CC BY-SA 3.0
Plus my Google Teacher Academy Application video