I’m back at University tomorrow, so getting organised for the new term. Josie Fraser and I are also getting organised for a TeachMeet with a national focus on Special Educational Needs (SEN), here in Leicester on 28 January 2012.
What’s different about TMSEN12?
1. This is a Special Education Needs (SEN) focused TeachMeet. Learners with SEN are a significant and diverse group, and we expect the first SEN focused TeachMeet to be an exciting one – reflecting the creativity, enthusiasm and the wide range of knowledge and approaches of practitioners.
2. This is the first face-to-face SEN focused TeachMeet. There was an online TeachMeet for Additional Support Needs/Special Education Needs back in April 2009. We are very proud to be continuing the tradition.
3. We recognise that parents and carers play an important role in supporting children and young peoples education, and that while parent and carer partnership with schools are always important, parents and carers sometimes play a particularly critical role in supporting learners with SEN. Because of this, we are also inviting parents and carers who would like to share effective practice to come along.
Is TMSEN12 just for SENCos and people who work at SEN Schools?
No! Every school supports learners with SEN.
What kind of thing do people talk about/demo at TeachMeet?
All sorts of things! You might speak about a really useful app, web tool or site; a technique that supports listening or speaking; an interesting and successful project; how you capture or share achievement; a simple, little change that has made all the difference to your learners; something you’ve created or a resource someone else has shared.
I think TeachMeet SEN is a great idea! How can I support it?
Excellent! Here are 7 ways you can help us:
1. Sign up to present your ingenious and effective practice. Come along and share.
2. Sign up to encourage and support. Get your free ticket here.
3. Tell people and organisation who need to know about TMSEN12 – send them a link, encourage them to sign up to speak. We really appreciate it!
4. Tag your favorite blog posts, resources and ideas: Use #TMSEN12 on Twitter, TMSEN12 on Delicious. Let us know what and where else you tag resources. We will curate and share!
5. Watch the live stream and join in the debate on Twitter. The link will magically appear here and across the web nearer the time.
6. Sponsor TMSEN12! Help towards the event costs/resource for sponsor credit. Get in touch to find out more.
7. Suggest other ways you/people can support and celebrate TMSEN12. Share your ideas!
So come along and join us!